Google Keyword Planner is a powerful tool for keyword research that provides valuable insights into search volume, competition, and keyword ideas. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use Google Keyword Planner:
- Access Google Keyword Planner: To use Google Keyword-Planner, you need a Google Ads account. If you don’t have one, create a Google Ads account or sign in to your existing account.
- Access the Keyword Planner: Once you’re signed in to your Google Ads account, click on the “Tools & Settings” option in the top right corner. In the drop-down menu, select “Keyword Planner” under the “Planning” section.
- Choose a keyword research option: In the Keyword Planner interface, you’ll see two options: “Discover new keywords” and “Get search volume and forecasts.” The first option helps you find new keyword ideas, while the second option provides search volume data for specific keywords. Select the option that suits your needs.
- Discover new keywords: If you choose the “Discover new keywords” option, you’ll be prompted to enter a product, service, or topic related to your website or content. You can also specify the targeting settings, such as language, location, and search network.
- Review keyword suggestions: After entering your product or topic, it will generate a list of keyword ideas related to your input. You can explore these suggestions and review metrics such as average monthly search volume, competition level, and trends.
- Refine keyword ideas: Refine your keyword ideas by filtering them based on metrics such as average monthly search volume, competition, and keyword relevance. You can adjust the filters to narrow down the keyword list to the most relevant options for your content or website.
- Get search volume and forecasts: If you choose the “Get search volume and forecasts” option, you can enter specific keywords or phrases to obtain search volume data and other insights. Enter your keywords in the provided field, and select the targeting settings if necessary.
- Analyze search volume and competition: Google Keyword Planner will display search volume data for your selected keywords, along with other metrics like competition level, trends, and suggested bid range. This information can help you evaluate keyword viability and choose the most suitable keywords for your content.
- Expand keyword ideas: Google Keyword Planner also provides additional keyword ideas related to your entered keywords. Explore these suggestions to identify new keyword opportunities and broaden your keyword list.
- Export or save keyword ideas: Once you have refined your keyword list, you can export the keywords or save them within your Google Ads account for future reference. This allows you to easily access your chosen keywords during content creation or optimization.
Remember, Google Keyword Planner is primarily designed for Google Ads advertisers, so some features and data may be focused on paid advertising. However, it still provides valuable insights for organic keyword research and can help you identify relevant and high-traffic keywords for your website or content.